About Spinal Muscular Atrophy
• Is the leading genetic killer of children under the age of 2.
• Is an inherited disease that destroys the nerves that control voluntary muscle movement.
• Affects a child's ability to crawl, sit, walk, control the head and neck, and even swallow and breathe.
• Is carried by 1 in 40 people.
• Can strike anyone of any age, race, or gender.
• Currently has no cure, but research is providing hope.
About Cure SMA
Cure SMA is the largest international organization dedicated solely to:
• Eradicating SMA by promoting and supporting research.
• Helping families cope with SMA through educational programs and support.
• Educating the public and professional community about SMA.
For more information
What is SMA? TV Show
Want to help or contact us?
PO Box 3831
Los Altos, CA 94024-0831